We offer director and manager briefings that cover key modern slavery and related governance, risk and board responsibility issues.
What is in the briefing?
Essential guidance on global legislation, highlighting potential areas of added value and impact across the business, and how to implement changes that meet both the spirit and the letter of the law:
- Guidance on the responsibilities and implications associated with giving board approval and director sign- off for modern slavery transparency statements
- Practical approaches for keeping your board and senior management informed and effective on governance issues related to Modern Slavery and Human Rights
Why do we need it?
- Insights and learning from others who are working on similar challenges, including good practice examples and approaches towards sector-wide compliance
- The UK Modern Slavery Act gives your company the opportunity to evidence how you are protecting employees and suppliers from exploitation and abuse; and increases visibility for those failing to act
- Keep your board and senior management informed and effective on governance issues related to Modern Slavery and Human Rights
- Companies seeking to recruit and retain the best talent need to show a genuine commitment to the well-being of all its stakeholders
Duration and delivery
A bespoke 15-30 minute presentation which covers the key issues and requirements for the board, allowing time for questions as required.
This is often run as one session within a board meeting, but can be delivered as a separate, longer session, i.e. for senior managers.
Each presentation is designed to cover all the essentials in the shortest amount of time because we understand the pressures that directors and senior managers are under.
Who should attend?
Directors and Senior Managers who have any responsibility for modern slavery issues and implementing good governance in their organisations.
We also run general briefings for those who have recently been appointed to positions as directors or roles with specific responsibility for governance issues in the business.
• Gap analysis of your company’s policy and practice against requirements of the UK Modern Slavery Act
• Manager briefings that dig deeper on a particular governance focus (i.e. Procurement) are also available
Our Wider Impact
We reinvest profits into projects that are tackling the root causes of modern slavery.
50% of workers in forced labour globally are affected by debt bondage that occurs during the recruitment process.
Profit from every governance briefing we deliver contributes to the development of Just Good Work: a technology platform that aims to educate and equip migrant workers on their rights and responsibilities in working abroad; to make their journey to work as good as possible.
"FiftyEight have ensured our board and executive team are fully engaged with the complex challenge of modern slavery. They helped us quickly grasp our risks and responsibilities from a governance and due diligence perspective, while providing us with a light-touch, fit for purpose approach. I would unreservedly recommend them.”
Equip your board to identify and prioritise their responsibilities & risks in relation to Modern Slavery